Those living in 'Klang Valley' area will definitely know this steamboat buffet restaurant... It is located very near to the famou...

Tasty Pot BBQ Steamboat Buffet Restaurant @ Sunway Mentari, Sunway

Those living in 'Klang Valley' area will definitely know this steamboat buffet restaurant... It is located very near to the famous 'Yuen Steamboat Buffet Restaurant'... I believe they tried to differentiate themselves from 'Yuen' and hence the inclusion of 'BBQ' to their signboard... This is one of the differentiation I guess as both of them serve almost the same food... Since both of these restaurants fall in the same category, I will try to compare these two restaurant in this blog post...



The other differentiation are the broth... More choices in 'Tasty Pot' and they have something really unique up their sleeves... 'Soya bean broth' and 'curry soya bean broth' which are unique to 'Tasty Pot'... We ordered 'chicken herbal broth' and 'curry soya bean broth' as my darling is craving for the 'curry soya bean broth'...

Frankly speaking, the 'curry soya bean broth' is rather unique and it tasted good as well... I will definitely choose this over 'tom yam' without even blinking an eye... No doubt about that... But I'm afraid the good part ends here...



Can you believe they actually charge each customer RM0.40 for these!!! These are essential items and they are suppose to provide it... I know they sterilizes these dining ware but still I find it ridiculous for them to charge... This is getting absurd in my opinion... 



Lots of choice just like 'Yuen Buffet Steamboat'... 


Different variety of seafood... Thankfully the freshness of these are on the high side...




I find these really cute!!! First time seeing it and I guess these are for the kids!!! I took a few to sample it and it tasted just like ordinary fish ball...




Besides buffet steamboat, 'Yuen' is also famous for their grilled chicken wing and I see 'Tasty Pot' have their own version as well... When in 'Yuen', you need to fight for the chicken wings and it usually take less than a minute to finish the whole tray and you need to wait 15 minutes in order for them to bring another new tray... And you know what, the cycle continues until the shop is close!!!

This scenario can't be found here... Nobody fight for these chicken wings... The answer is really simple... It is not as good as those serve in 'Yuen'... In fact the gap is like the distance from Earth to Moon!!! Really far... But I still ate a lot as I don't really fancy steamboat... If I recall correctly, I ate around 9 to 10 of these...


This is something you can't get in 'Yuen'... BBQ!!! Something I like a lot... But sad to say, the variety of food being BBQ are quite limited... Only two types of fish and you need to wait for a very long time before they start barbecuing another round... Besides fish, they BBQ sweet potatoes, potatoes, corn, 'otak' and also lamb which is what they are famous for...



These are good stuff!!!


'Otak' that tasted horrible... I'm from 'Johor' and 'Muar' is very famous for 'otak'... So this kind of standard is a BIG no-no for me...



Sweet potato and potato...


Sausage skewers which unfortunately they don't grill it...


The crown jewel... Grilled lamb...


Grilled lamb that tasted okay... Not the nicest but at least edible unlike the 'otak'!!! Each person entitle to one plate and the portion is tiny!!!


Sad to say but I guess this will be the last time we set our foot in this particular restaurant!!! Nothing to shout about the food and I basically need to wait like forever in order to get those food that I like!!! This is another reason why I keep eating those chicken wings!!! By the way, it cost around RM28.80 per pax if I'm not mistaken...


Overall Rating - 2.8/5

Tasty Pot BBQ Steamboat Buffet Restaurant
9, Jalan PJS 8/18,
Dataran Mentari, Bandar Sunway,
46150 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor.
03-5630 1282

3 coment�rios:

I paid almost RM95.00 for two, including the bowl, Chinese tea and the bbq and the rest. Wonder its was it and we both are not big eaters.

The place was packed to the max and we had to sit at the dark walking path.

wow two person and it cost you around RM95!!! that's expensive... since I'm not a big eater, I find it not really value for money...

Anonymous said...

It's the worst steamboat I ever ate. Personally I am a lover of steamboat and this is the worst. The seafood looks dirty n there were cockroach near the ketchup's.