If you still remember, a while ago I've posted a blog post called 'Stranded' and this blog post is something like a follow up.....

Overheating 1JZ-GTE!!!

If you still remember, a while ago I've posted a blog post called 'Stranded' and this blog post is something like a follow up... Although this happened a few months ago, only until recently my car is back to normal without any hiccup... Touch wood!!! 

Let me refresh your mind if you can't remember or don't know what really happened that unfortunate day... I was left stranded on the 'North-South Highway' somewhere near 'Seremban'... My engine fan actually hit the radiator and causes a massive hole and the best part is I don't know when it actually happen... I didn't hear any sound (maybe because of me blasting my sound system???) nor feels anything wrong with my car until detonation occur... When I stop my car I can see that the temperature is sky high but I didn't get panic at the moment... The moment I got panic is when I open the bonnet... Water is everywhere... It even drips from the bonnet!!! The whole engine compartment is wet!!!

A quick check at the radiator and I know what actually happened... There's a BIG hole on the top left side of the radiator and besides that, I found the engine fan blade broke in several places... I can still use back the fan temporary but not the radiator... It need to be fix before I can put in anymore water... 


Ok these pics show the aftermath of what happened that day... As you can clearly see the whole engine compartment is in a mess... Rusty water all over the engine bay...



Is a bit hard to see the broken fan but it is broken in several places... At least 3 of the blades are broken...




Luckily I managed to get my radiator fix and got my car moving... But this was not the end of it... For the past few months, I've been having overheating problem with my car... Sent my car to a few workshop for diagnosis and change a few things but still I can't get it fix... 

I've change my original fan to an electric fan not once but twice!!! The first one is not powerful enough to cool down the engine... There's no point changing back to the original one because this will surely happen again as the fan is very near to the radiator... Is just a matter or time... Electric fan solve my problem temporary but still I'm losing water... Between these few months, I've sent my radiator for repair at least 3 to 4 times because of leakage... In the meantime, I'm also searching for a new aluminium radiator for my 'FrankenBenz' and trust me, it is not an easy task (will blog about the aluminium radiator in my future blog post)... After changing to a new aluminium radiator, I'm still losing water... This time I know that the cost of repairing will be high... Since this is a new radiator, the chances of it leaking is really low... So I know that the water must be going through the gasket and this means that I got myself a blown head gasket... I know '1JZ-GTE' is one tough engine but this does not mean that it is indestructible!!! Blown head gasket rarely happen to '1JZ-GTE' because it comes with metal gasket... So I blame myself for this!!! 

So what happens after changing a new head gasket??? Problem solve!!! No more overheating problem and I don't have to top up water everyday!!!


To be continue...

0 coment�rios: