Change both front tyres recently due to one of it decided to be bloated!!! The tyre swollen to a state that it is almost impossible to d...

Dunlop Direzza DZ101


Change both front tyres recently due to one of it decided to be bloated!!! The tyre swollen to a state that it is almost impossible to drive as the car is virtually riding on pogo stick!!! Besides that, I'm really scare that the tyre might blow up... I have the privileged to encounter a blown tyre and I don't wish that to happen again... 

The previous tyres are 235 series and I decided to change it to 225 series as it keeps scrubbing my fender... But sadly, 225 series can't eliminate this problem entirely... There is still some fender scrubbing but it is definitely not as bad as before... Some improvement I guess... Before this I'm on 'Goodyear' tyre and this time round I decided to try 'Dunlop'... The model of the tyre is 'Direzza DZ101' which is consider as a performance oriented tyre... I believe it is really important to get a better tyre rather than other things as tyres are the only contact you have on the road... 

Just a few days ago my rear tyre decided to be bloated just like those on the front some time back!!! I still have around 70% of tread and again I'm force to change!!! Since I dislike mixing and matching different tyre manufacturer and model, my rear tyre is going to be 'Dunlop Direzza DZ101' as well... Besides that, I'm opting for a slimmer rear tyre as well... The previous one is 265 series and the new one is 255 series... I got better luck with the rear tyre as I didn't notice any scrubbing now... That's really good news to me...

I don't have the time to test out the new tyres yet but initial thoughts are the tyres are quieter compare to the previous one... Steering feel is also better... If the new tyres decide to be bloated again, I think I'm gonna downgrade it to 17" as the price of the tyres is really killing me!!! The cost of 4 tyres can almost get me another 'Toyota 1JZ-GTE' engine for my 'FrankenBenz'!!!


To be continue...

0 coment�rios: