On April, I've encountered some mishap while on my way back from work. While driving suddenly i heard a very loud bang!! I can't see...

Michelin Primacy 3 ZP

On April, I've encountered some mishap while on my way back from work. While driving suddenly i heard a very loud bang!! I can't see anything on the road and once the bang happened, I quickly glanced from the rear view mirror and try to see what I've hit.. Nothing.. I see nothing on the road.. After that, the car drive a bit funny.. Not very stable but still drivable..

Cut the story short, I quickly find a tyre shop that is still open because is almost 730pm.. Luckily found one but they don't have the identical tyre so I have no choice but to get a different one instead.. I don't really like to mix and match tyre as I have OCD on non matching things.. Haha.. But no choice.. Is either I change or can't drive at all.. 




That's the hole and I'm not sure caused by what.. But you can see the whole chunk of tyre was ripped open.. The original tyre on my car was Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 3 225/45 18".. Is a nice tyre with aggressive thread pattern.. But the tyre shop only have Michelin.. I'm more than happy to have a set of Pilot Sport 4 ZP but too bad they don't have ready stock for it.. So I got no choice but to settle for Michelin Primacy 3 ZP instead.. Definitely not the kind of tyre that I will go for usually.. But looking at the current situation, I have no other choice..
 


I'm those that will always go for the sportiest tyre that I can afford.. Previously, I even used semi slick on my daily driven.. Performance is my number one priority.. When they told me they only have Michelin Primacy around, my heart sunk!! Because Primacy is designed for comfort rather than performance.. Still gave them the green light because I have no other choice as this was the only shop open..

Once done fixing, they came and told me the rim got some crack in it and is leaking air fast!! Haiz..What a day indeed.. No choice but to wait until the next day to get the rim fix.. 


Fast forward 2 months later..
I would like to share some quick update on the Michelin Primacy 3 ZP.. So far the tyre felt softer and definitely quieter than the original Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 3.. Not surprising as the Primacy are suppose to be more comfort oriented.. So far with hard driving, the grip is actually very good. No complaint so far.. So now need to see how long can the tyre last..

0 coment�rios: