I'm very sure almost everyone knows about the iconic 'Mini' of the past... Fast forward a few years ( quite a number of year...

Mini Cooper S


I'm very sure almost everyone knows about the iconic 'Mini' of the past... Fast forward a few years (quite a number of years in fact!!!), we have the new 'Mini' which won a lot of praises due to it's go kart like handling characteristic...

Recently, I'm privileged enough to test drive a supercharged version of the 'Mini Cooper S' (older version of the 'Cooper S') and I'm really ecstatic about it!!! There are a lot of first time for me so I'm really looking forward to it... This will be my first time driving a new 'Mini Cooper S'... Also my first time driving a supercharged car and not forgetting my first time driving a six speed manual gearbox (always wanted to try this!!!)...

So how's it like??? The handling is just superb... Steering is very direct without any lag and not forgetting the short wheelbase contributing to the agile feel to it... Damping is also spot on if you ask me... Corner almost flat and the suspension still manages to iron out almost all irregularities!!! Quite magical... The suspension never crashes and is pliant enough for everyday driving...

The supercharged engine is a gem as well... No lag at all unlike my 'FrankenBenz' (which is already quite lag free!!!)... Just point the steering and step on the accelerator and the 'Mini' sped off quite dramatically... If compare to our 'Pug', the 'Cooper S' is way more powerful!!! The gear changes is not something that I like... The throw is on the long side and the gear knob is just too BIG for my liking!!! The shift is too notchy if you ask me... No matter how bad is the shifting quality, I will still opt for a manual gearbox over any auto/twin clutch/CVT gearboxes!!! I'm a purist if you must know...

But sad to say, no matter how good is the 'Mini' I will never buy one as I don't really see the point in it... The car is small but it comes with a BIG price tag!!! And you know what is the BIGGEST problem??? I always believe the 'Mini' is a girl's car!!! So no you won't see me driving one as my daily drive... A short test drive yes, but not my everyday car!!!

3 coment�rios:

Nick said...

agree with you

-celestial- said...

But you look cute driving a mini too~~Lolz...

celestial: cute??? that's why i said this car is for the ladies!!!