I've said it a few times and I'm going to say it again... I don't fancy steamboat!!! But ( there's a but this time... ) b...

Sumi Nabe Steamboat

I've said it a few times and I'm going to say it again... I don't fancy steamboat!!! But (there's a but this time...) before I proceed let me introduce you to a restaurant that changes everything... I'm proud to say I'm a convert now!!! I'm in love with steamboat now but (again a but) only if we dine at 'Sumi Nabe Steamboat'... This is a steamboat restaurant that I'm willing to go without pulling a long face... So what is so special about this particular restaurant??? First of all, they categorize themselves as a 'Japanese' steamboat restaurant... Secondly, they uses charcoal instead of gas and thirdly, they uses porcelain/ceramic (don't really know whether is it porcelain or ceramic) instead of stainless steel for the pot...


The charcoal that they use are not those found in 'satay' stall which produce lots of smoke and not forgetting dirty as well... They uses high quality charcoal that is extremely hot and smokeless and this is what I really like about it... 






 One of the must try item is definitely the chilli!!! Only one word to describe it... AWESOME!!!


This is the pot that I'm talking about... The benefit of using this instead of stainless steel is because it retain heat a lot better... I have something like this at home (mine is made from glass) and I can really feel the heat even when the gas has been turn off for quite some time...

Only one type of broth available so good news for those that have difficulties choosing... The broth is really what I like about this restaurant... Really sweet and I don't feel thirsty after drinking it which is something really important to me... 


 Nicely decorated and not forgetting cozy as well...



Frankly speaking, their menu are somewhat limited... But fret not as there are side orders which you can always order!!! They revise the price recently and it cost RM35 for a set (the picture above is not the one which cost RM35 as I took this picture a few months back) which is more than enough for the two of us... 


 Vegetables are all organic according to the owner...


 Not so sure about these though...




All these above are included in the set but there are some difference in some of the items as they revise the price and some of the ingredients... 


 Additional pork strip that we ordered... If I'm not mistaken it cost RM15???


Once the soup starts to boil, there is no way you can turn the heat down... 



Charcoal mee that is incredible... Really good taste and I really like the texture of it... I don't like to eat mee that feels mushy!!!



So there you go... The restaurant that single-handedly change my diet!!! From a hater to a lover in terms of steamboat...


Overall Rating - 4/5

Sumi Nabe Steamboat
1 Jalan 1/38A Segambut Bahagia,
Segambut Bahagia, Kuala Lumpur,
52100 Malaysia.
03-6250 3910

0 coment�rios: