Finally the 'Toyota 1JZ-GTE' engine is ready... Didn't do much to it just the usual timing belt, oil filter, engine and gearbox ...

Toyota 1JZ-GTE Ready!!!

Finally the 'Toyota 1JZ-GTE' engine is ready... Didn't do much to it just the usual timing belt, oil filter, engine and gearbox oil change... Frankly speaking, is been a long time since I'm this excited!!!


Adding some final touch to the engine...


Measuring the cross member in order to fabricate a custom engine mount... The original 'Merc' engine mounting is still retain though... Can't wait for them to fix the engine in!!!


My goodness... Just look at all the rust!!! The whole battery tray is gone...


Another 'Merc' sitting in the workshop... This is a W140 model with a 'Toyota 1JZ-GTE' engine with manual gearbox... If I'm the owner I will not go for manual although I love manual transmission... But I think that a 'Merc' is more suitable with an auto gearbox... Besides that, I would opt for the 'Toyota 2JZ-GTE' instead of '1JZ-GTE' as this 'S-Class' is one BIG and heavy car... So I believe the '2JZ-GTE' with all the extra torque is a much wiser choice...


To be continue...

0 coment�rios: