Exactly 11 years ago, 'The Storm Riders' was born... This is a really very special movie for me and my darling... The reason for thi...

The Storm Warriors aka 'Fung Wan II'


Exactly 11 years ago, 'The Storm Riders' was born... This is a really very special movie for me and my darling... The reason for this is because 'The Storm Riders' is our FIRST ever movie since we began 'pak toh'!!! So automatically, the sequel is definitely a MUST watch for both of us...

Ok back to the movie... I've heard a lot of BAD reviews about this movie... But surprisingly I like the way they shoot and I find the colour of the movie really interesting... Besides that, the CGI is definitely one of the best from Hong Kong!!! The graphic is really stunning from my point of view... A good round of applause for the CGI team!!!

As for the storyline, I'm sorry to say that it really sucks!!! Nothing special on the storyline so I was a bit disappointed on this... I was actually hoping for more complicated storyline but what do you expect from a 'wu xia' movie!!! Nonetheless I find it quite enjoyable but my darling think otherwise...

Recommended for CGI freaks but to those that find 'wu xia' movie ridiculous with all the swords flying here and there, I'm sorry that you have to look elsewhere because there are nothing special other than the CGI and the way they film it!!!

8 coment�rios:

Dosz said...

IMO, this movie is great---lots of jaw dropping CGI effects but I agree with you, the story itself can be quiet empty. There's nothing much on the storylines.

-Celestial- said...

i think the movie overall is nice except the storyline, like u say, quite meaningless..

Do u realize that their lines are very few??? Only Simon Yap's character has more lines than others...and it doesnt have "romance" scene ~

Dosz: yeah the CGI is really awesome... imo this is the vital part that makes this movie enjoyable...

Celestial: yup i agree with you... they didn't talk much in this movie... they let the CGI do the talking... as for romance part i'm ok with it because most 'wu xia' movie don't really have lots of romance... the warriors are to 'MAN' to be in a relationship!!! LOL...

-Celestial- said...

Alright. Accept your points that "Wu Xia" movie not necessary to have romance scene~ Lolz =)

I noticed that most films nowadays depend on CGI to make their films look..cool(?).

Well,since d storyline sucks,so what's d point of having good CGI?

Duh!

I'm not really into CGI stuff. :)

this is the trend nowadays to use super duper cool CGI in order to awe their customers which unfortunately is us... we can't do anything about it... but in my opinion, CGI is important to a movie as well as the storyline... just like what you said... what's the point of having really good CGI but no storyline at all... maybe they can't think of a better storyline so they are force to use cool CGI to impress the audience... at least from the moment we left the cinema we are still talking about the movie!!! just like this movie... COOL CGI!!!

Ian Ho said...

This is the stupidest show I've watched in a long while. It's like a Petaling Street fake Rolex watch coz all they did was concentrate on ripping off concepts n ideas from the Hollywood shows. They basically ripped the whole concept n style from the movie 300.

yeah they way they film it really looks like 300...