Got myself a JB4 piggyback from Burger Motorsports.. Burger Motorsports is a tuning company from the United States that is famous for their ...

JB4 for BMW G20

Got myself a JB4 piggyback from Burger Motorsports.. Burger Motorsports is a tuning company from the United States that is famous for their no nonsense JB4 tuner.. The first time i saw the product, I'm not impressed.. Box design so so only.. Very minimalist approach with nothing but a BIG JB4 in the front accompanied by MADE IN USA.. But the review for it is nothing short of ordinary.. A lot of good reviews and testimony from customers all over the world.. 

One of the reason I got the JB4 instead of an ECU remap is because of warranty issue.. If I do a remap, very high chances I will void the warranty as BMW technician can detect the ECU been remap before even when I revert back to stock factory setting..

Most people claim service center can't detect when using JB4.. But there are some who claim they can as well because a stock standard engine will not boost over the original value unless being program to do so.. But I choose to believe the former 😊.. Keeping my finger cross and hope everything will be fine..

Very normal looking box.. Doesn't show that it packs a punch.. I got the JB4 together with the Connect Kit so that I can control it on the fly.. What I need to do is buy the program (can be downloaded from Apple App Store and Google Play Store.. A lot of things can be customize ranging from what MAP to run and also what kind of information to show on your phone.. This is really very convenient as I don't need to send my car to tuner in order to change to run a different MAP.

I've been using MAP1 since I got it.. Here is the explanation on what different MAP will do..

JB4 Map Guide:

Map0: Stock tuning, fully disable JB4
Map1: 3psi over stock added (91 octane)
Map2: 4psi over stock added (91-93 octane)
Map3: 6psi over stock added (93+ octane)
Map4: Absolute target map with peak target of 20psi (93+ and/or 30% E85, EWG connector suggested)
Map5: Absolute target map with peak target of 22psi (30% E85+ fuel, EWG connector suggested)
Map6: Custom tuning map -- see details on n54tech JB4 page
Map7: Progressive WMI map with tuning a function of meth flow and user defined boost additive. 
Map8: VALET / Low Boost Map

Been running around in MAP1 for more than 8 months and just a few days ago I decided to change it to MAP2 instead.. Still haven't really test it out but the difference is not that apparent comparing to stock standard and progressing to MAP1.. Let me try it out for a while more and I will update accordingly..

I'm planning to do a dyno run and see what's the gain I get when running on MAP1 and also MAP2.. My hand is itching to press on MAP3 as the boost is double of that comparing to MAP1.. But I'm not sure whether RON97 petrol is sufficient or I need to run RON100 for not getting engine detonation.. Because 93 Octane is around RON98 so running on MAP2 is still consider safe as you can see from the above.. I can't get any information on Octane 93+ hence I dare not venture into MAP3 for this particular reason alone unless I'm running on RON100 which is definitely safe enough to run on MAP3.. 

This is the JB4 apps that I was talking about.. The apps alone cost more than RM100 but this is a one off payment.. I think the apps is worth getting if you have the Bluetooth Connect Kit because it will make your life so much easier.. You can use the apps to do logging and also find out if there is any error code from the car and diagnose the issue..


UPDATE
My finger decided to push on the MAP3 button 🙈.. Whoaaaaaaa.. The difference between MAP2 and 3 is pretty obvious.. Can really feel the car pull strongly.. Before doing that, I drop an email to Burger Motorsports and asked them regarding MAP3.. They said 'SHOULD' (very clever choice of word here) be ok to use MAP3 with RON97 petrol.. So I did it.. Push that damn button and all hell break loose.. The power delivery is pretty addictive.. What I'm afraid now is the boost level.. Sometimes I see the boost spike to 20psi.. Pretty high to me.. I'm not sure on the actual boost for a stock B48 on the 320i but someone wrote on the net saying is around 8psi.. So MAP3 will increase 6psi over the standard 8psi and we are looking at 14psi.. Most of the time the boost will be around 14-15psi.. But sometimes it will spike to 20psi.. Anyway I'm enjoying it way too much.. Can't wait to get it dyno and see the difference between all the different MAP..

0 coment�rios: