I'm very sure those living in 'Kuala Lumpur' and 'Selangor' had tried 'Snowflake' dessert at least once... Whet...

Snowflake vs Grandmom Desserts

I'm very sure those living in 'Kuala Lumpur' and 'Selangor' had tried 'Snowflake' dessert at least once... Whether you like it or not is another issue but most likely you will like it and this applies to me as well... I'm a sucker for 'Snowflake' most famous dessert which unfortunately I can't remember the name... What I know is you have a bowl full of shaved ice with grass jelly or better known as 'cin cau' top with taro and a small quantity of coconut milk if I'm not wrong... 

Ever since 'Snowflake' invaded 'Malaysia' you can see lots of other dessert shop selling almost the same thing trying to get a piece of the pie as well!!! So today my job is to see whether the contender is able to dethrone 'Snowflake'... The name of the contender is 'Grandmom Desserts'!!! Frankly speaking, the name is not as catchy as 'Snowflake' but we'll see...


Currently, only one shop is available and they are operating somewhere near 'Setapak'... If you are a student from 'TAR College', I'm very sure you know where it is located... Not really difficult to find but you need to open your eyes wide because the shop is located a floor up!!!

As for 'Snowflake', I guess I don't have to list out where they are located because they are located almost everywhere now!!! 




Anyone wanna take a guess on these two bowl of desserts??? Which is from 'Grandmom Desserts' and which is from 'Snowflake'... If you are a huge fans of 'Snowflake', I'm very sure you know the answer because there is one dead giveaway...

The one on top is from 'Grandmom Desserts' and the bottom one is from 'Snowflake'... The dead giveaway that I'm talking about is the taro... Take a good look... 'Snowflake' serves their taro in two different colours whereas 'Grandmom Desserts' got three colours... Besides the taro everything else looks exactly the same!!! 

Although both uses the same bowl, it is 'Snowflake' that offer more in terms of quantity as it can be clearly seen from the pictures... But it cost more... RM6.90 for 'Snowflake' and RM5.50 for 'Grandmom Desserts'... Depending on how you look at it... A smaller bowl that cost RM1.40 cheaper to buy or a bigger bowl that cost more??? I will choose a bigger bowl for sure but if the price difference is quite substantial then I will choose the cheaper one... I will call this round a draw...

What is more important than taste when it comes to reviewing food??? None I guess as this is the most important aspect... I won't beat around the bush and I will tell you which came out victorious!!! The winner is 'Grandmom Desserts'!!! Surprise??? You won't be surprise if you get to taste 'Grandmom Desserts' best seller...

First of, the taro is soooooooooooooo much nicer!!! After eating 'Grandmom Desserts' taro, 'Snowflake's' taro tasted hmmmm rather tasteless!!! No joke... Secondly, although 'Snowflake's' shaved ice is smoother, but it does not taste as good as 'Grandmom Desserts'... For me, there is no comparison between these two as we got a clear winner right from the very beginning...  


'GRANDMOM DESSERTS' : 1                 'SNOWFLAKE' : 0



Both these shops are so similar that they are using the same system!!! You can call these as 'wireless waiter' or 'beeping UFO', but they are essentially the same!!!






 These are some of the desserts sold at 'Grandmom Desserts'...


Grandmom Desserts
9-1, Jalan Prima Setapak 3,
Taman Setapak Indah Jaya,
55300 Kuala Lumpur.

0 coment�rios: