Another 50mm??? You must be joking right??? Err nop I'm not joking!!! I really got myself a new 50mm... But after getting the new 'S...

Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM

Another 50mm??? You must be joking right??? Err nop I'm not joking!!! I really got myself a new 50mm... But after getting the new 'Sigma', I managed to sell off my old 'Sony' 50mm the very next day!!! Quite frankly, there is no point for me to have two 50mm lens... And obviously the 'Sony' is the one that needs to go!!! This is the first time that I ever own a third party lens... All these while I have been using either 'Sony' or 'Minolta' lens... I've heard a lot of mix reviews about third party lens and one of the most common one is quality control... But I'm quite happy with my 'Sigma'...


There is no other 50mm lens in the market quite like the 'Sigma'... The 'Sigma' is one huge beast for a 50mm lens... 72mm filter size anyone??? Just look at the comparison between the 'Sigma' and the 'Sony'... Almost double the size and definitely double the weight... Most people like their camera gears to be small but I like them big and heavy!!! As why I choose the 'Sigma' over the 'Sony' is obvious... The 'Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM' is one of the BEST 50mm lens available in the market right now... Everything is far more superior compare to my 'Sony'!!! the most obvious is F1.4 versus F1.8 for the aperture... The second one is the 'HSM' which is much more quieter and faster compare to 'Sony' 'SAM'!!!


Without the hood... Still very BIG if you as me...


Just look at the front element and you can see the difference!!! 72mm versus 49mm...


Prime lens will always be smaller compare to zoom lens... But take a look at this... The 'Sigma' is almost as tall as my 'Carl Zeiss'!!! The barrel is definitely bigger than the 'Zeiss'!!! Besides that, the front element is also bigger... 72mm versus 62mm this time...


Bye bye for now... You serve me well and you are the one who introduce me to the awesomeness of prime lens!!!



This is the other lens that I managed to sell the other day... This is my only tele zoom lens but I decided to sell it as I'm not using it... Better sell it to someone who can really benefit and utilizes it to the max rather than keeping it in my dry box...

0 coment�rios: