There is nothing quite like the Ricoh GXR.. None that I can think of.. This is a very unique camera but unfortunately not very well accepted...

Freak of the Camera World - Ricoh GXR

There is nothing quite like the Ricoh GXR.. None that I can think of.. This is a very unique camera but unfortunately not very well accepted.. The concept is good where instead of changing the lens, the camera let you change out the sensor as well.. The lens is fix to the sensor in a single module.. Less or no dust on the sensor and the lens will be pair to a sensor that is deem the best.. A win win combo..

The camera itself is small.. Very compact camera like.. When I first started off with photography, all I wanted was a big fat DSLR and a big lens to match it.. Never care much bout the weight or the sore arm and neck after using it extensively.. Those are the days..

So the reason why I got this camera is because of the A12 M-Mount module.. I believe this is the only camera outside of Leica with a purpose built M-Mount camera.. This is a 12MP sensor with APS-C crop which is slightly smaller compare to my Leica M8.. I'm not a sucker for the megapixel war.. 10MP on my Leica M8 is more than enough for me..

This is the reason why it is called a freak/frankenstein of the camera world.. It can be dismantle and fix back just like Lego building blocks.. The handling of the camera itself is very good with a substantial grip and the lack of weight making it really easy to handle.. The camera itself is very light but the built quality is excellent.. One might mistaken it to be flimsy with all the moving parts but it is not.. Is not as solid as a Leica M but the built quality will put a lot of cameras to shame.. Good job on that..

The Ricoh GXR is dubbed the poor man Leica M8.. The picture that it produces really do look like the M8.. The black and white output is very nice as well.. Definitely a good backup camera for my Leica M8..

*Unfortunately, I've decided to sell it as I'm not using it like I've intended to in the very first place.. Brought the camera along to Japan last year and I believe I've shot less than 30 pictures.. Most of the pictures taken using the Leica M8.. So I don't see the point of keeping it if I'm not going to use it*

0 coment�rios: