One of the most effective modification to free up lots of horsepower ( especially turbocharged car ) is by simply changing to a freer flo...

Exhaust Modification On FrankenBenz (Part 1)

One of the most effective modification to free up lots of horsepower (especially turbocharged car) is by simply changing to a freer flow exhaust system... If you're driving a naturally aspirated car, you really need to choose your exhaust setup wisely... As for turbocharged car, changing exhaust is as easy as 'ABC'... Normally people will tell you to go with the biggest diameter allow for your engine and the less resistant the better (meaning straight all the way without any resonator)... 

At first I'm planning to go 3" all the way but decided to go against it after much consideration... Now I'm running 2.5" only as noise is my biggest enemy... I like to set it up as quiet as possible as this is my daily drive and I need to ferry my customers occasionally... So I've got no choice but to opt for silent exhaust...

The normal 'Merc' exhaust system was way to restrictive... After changing the piping all the way, I felt my car got a bit more power especially at higher RPM...




One way to solve the noise issue is to use back the original 'Merc' muffler... With this on, you can barely hear anything!!!... Okay, the noise have gone up a notch with the new piping but still very much habitable... Most people will think that I'm running on stock eventhough my exhaust is straight flow all the way (good thing about turbocharged car as the turbo helps to muffled out a lot of noise!!!)... With the original muffler on, I'm very sure I've lost some power but this is a trade off that I must accept!!! Currently I'm really happy with this setup and I don't plan to do anything to the muffler for the time being... 


To be continue...

0 coment�rios: