Since I lost all my existing photos I got no choice but to search the net for pictures... This is the picture of the boost controller th...

Blitz Dual SBC


Since I lost all my existing photos I got no choice but to search the net for pictures... This is the picture of the boost controller that I previously used... This electronic boost controller is from 'Blitz' which is a renowned company that specializes in churning out go faster bits for cars... They called this boost controller 'Dual SBC' in short form whereas the actual name is called dual solenoid boost controller... Quite a long name and I'm glad they decided to shorten it!!!

Why I said previously used is because I sold this electronic boost controller and got myself a manual unit... One reason I got rid of it is because one of my friend's car got boost spike using an electronic controller and toasted the piston... No doubt that the electronic boost controller is much more convenient because you can set the boost on the go unlike the manual one where you need to stop the car, open the bonnet and adjust it... And you might need to do this procedure a few times in order to get the desire boost setting!!! After using both electronic and manual one, I can confirm that the manual one holds boost pressure better with fewer boost spike... 

Another important reason is because the electronic boost controller is more prone to attention grabbing!!! I don't wish my car windows being shatter just because of it... Although I still retain my boost meter, turbo timer and speed meter, getting rid of the boost controller might just minimise the risk a little bit... Nobody will realize that you are using a manual boost controller unless they take a peek under your bonnet... So it is definitely a much safer route to take... 

Currently I'm setting the boost at around 0.8 bar only... Just 0.1 bar more than standard.  At first I set the boost to 1 bar but the stupid 'ECU' keeps on boost cut and I got no choice but to dial down to 0.9 bar... Better than 1 bar but still it will boost cut when you fully floor it... Really 'potong stim'!!! So down to 0.8 bar and it will only boost cut once in a while... I guess that's because of boost spike... Guess I need an external wastegate to regulate the boost!!! But for the time being, I'm quite happy with the setup although I can't really feel the difference between 0.7 and 0.8 bar!!! At least when I look at the boost meter it shows a higher boost and this itself is more than enough for me to 'syok sendiri'!!! Haha...


To be continue...

0 coment�rios: