Today looked like a very fine day to me... Until when I decided to go and withdraw some $$ from the ATM... There were at least 10 ATM machin...

What A Day!!! @#%*@#$**#

Today looked like a very fine day to me... Until when I decided to go and withdraw some $$ from the ATM... There were at least 10 ATM machines there... Hmm thinking back, I believe the there were more than 10 ATM machines... So as usual, I just randomly picked 1 of the machine... And guess what happened???

When I put in my ATM card, nothing happened... Suddenly I saw something on the screen... 'Mesin Tergendala'... I was like WTF!!! Of all the ATM machines there, I decided to choose one stupid machine that failed the moment I put in my ATM card!!! ARGGGGGGGHHHHH!!! Damn it!!!

So I got no choice but to call the service center... This is the first time I encounter something like this... I've never got my ATM card stuck in the machine before until today... So I don't know the procedure of it... You know in order to get my card back, there are 2 options for me to choose...

Option 1: I need to wait for at least 4-5 days for the bank to sent back my ATM card to the branch that I open my account with... Stupid right...

Option 2: If I don't want to wait for them to sent back the ATM card, I can go to any branch and ask them to replace a new one for me... Looks like this is a better option... But there is a catch... You need to pay RM12 for that stupid ATM card... Why do we need to pay??? Your machine giving us problem and you ask us to pay... Not very logic right!!! Why can't I just go to the bank and ask them to retrieve my ATM card for me??? Why all the hassle...

Until now also I can't figure it out...

4 coment�rios:

Anonymous said...

David...this is Malaysia..and Maybank meaning Malaysia' bank..thats y...

yeah... but this happens in CIMB bank...

-Celestial- said...

Orh even worse...CIMB bank is Malaysia's bank too and it is fully operated by the ... u know ~

That's reli unfortunate day for you...hehehhe ... and u got ur point too, why do we have to pay for the replacement of card while is their machine swallow the card?

yeah i know CIMB is also............ you know i know... hehe...

yup, that's my point... is their fault, their problem... WHY do we need to pay!!! doesn't make any sense at all...